Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog.  I'm hoping to indulge my love of writing and current affairs by communicating thoughts here.  Here's what you can expect from this blog:
  • I'm extremely interested in politics and policy---kind of a "wonk".  So you'll see a ton of posts on the issues of the day.
  • My political leanings are decidedly progressive, and I come by this honestly;  I left the Republican Party years ago when they tacked toward the loony evangelical right.  I guess I would have been called "middle of the road" back in the day when we weren't so polarized as a nation.  I still think of myself that way.
  • I won't be sharing a lot of aspects of my personal life except when they're exceptionally entertaining.  I live a quiet life in retirement, and appreciate a sense of normalcy after a thirty year career.
  • Comments are always welcome, but of course will be moderated for content.  I'm firmly committed to civil discourse; in fact, one of the reasons I'm starting this blog is to encourage reasonable debate, of which we see so little in the media these days.
  • Ironic humor will be presented often.  Dry wit combined with intelligence will be highly prized here.
  • I'll be tinkering with the "mechanics" of the blog often (fonts, colors, layouts, etc.) depending on my mood.
  So there we are.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment